Product information "Microsoft SQL Server 2012 Standard"
The Microsoft SQL Server 2012 Standard a popular data management application from Microsoft. Our particular strengths lie in the area of business intelligence and business critical applications, as well as the integration of a cloud according to your wishes and needs. The Standard Edition offers a choice between a Server+CAL and a Core-based license and is available in both 32- and 64-bit versions. SQL Server 2012 Standard Edition provides a basic data management and business intelligence database on which departments and small businesses run their applications.
The functions of Microsoft SQL Server 2012 Standard at a glance:
- "Always On": the optimized solution for high availability and disaster recovery
- "x Velocity" ensures maximum performance for queries and performance
- Extensive security and encryption options
- Provision of comprehensive service and support offerings
- Data collection and visualization for analysis and decision-making
The following memory and processor requirements apply to all editions of SQL Server:
Note : Installation of SQL Server is supported on x64 processors only. It is no longer supported on x86 processors.
* The minimum memory required for installing the Data Quality Server component in Data Quality Services (DQS) is 2 GB of RAM, which is different from the SQL Server minimum memory requirement. For information about installing DQS, see Install Data Quality Services
The following requirements apply to all installations:
SQL Server Setup installs the following software components required by the product:
- SQL Server Native Client
- SQL Server Setup support files